Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Biggest Loser

Kevin and I starting watching the show The Biggest Loser a couple of years ago. I had heard of it but never really thought it would be something I would be interested in watching. Once we did, though, I realized how inspiring it is. Watching this show really makes me want to get healthy (kind of like how watching Hoarders makes me want to clean my house!). Unfortunately, it seems like every time we sit down to watch on Tuesday we are eating dinner. So as I am trying to enjoy my meal, I'm watching people counting calories and sweating at the gym and it just makes me feel like such a couch potato. It has really helped me think about how I need to consider the foods that I put in my body. The other day, I saw a commercial with Bob Harper (one of the Biggest Loser trainers) for Quaker oatmeal. Now, I have always hated oatmeal. But Bob said it was a superfood!   I mean how can I not want to eat a superfood (marketers just love me!) So I went to the store and got a variety box of Quaker oatmeal. I brought it home, all excited, and told Kevin about how I was going to start eating oatmeal. The conversation went something like this:
Me: "Hey babe, I'm going to start eating oatmeal!"
Kevin: "Umm, okay. Why?"
Me: "Well, I saw a commercial for it and Bob says it's really good for you. He eats it every morning. He even called it a superfood!"
Kevin: "But you don't even like oatmeal."
Me: "Well, I know. But I added just a touch of brown sugar and some pecans and now it tastes really good!"
Kevin: "Stef, I think that may disqualify it from being a superfood."

He's probably right but it does make it a whole lot yummier.
Take that cholesterol!!!

Kevin and I also decided that we are going to start our own Biggest Loser challenge.  We will do a weigh-in each week and see who has the highest percentage of weight loss.  The person who does will get to choose something they would like the other person to do for them as their prize.  I've already decided that if I win this next week I am going to have Kevin detail my car.  He hasn't told me yet what I will have to do if he wins...kind of makes me nervous!

So wish me luck and hopefully I will be next week's


No comments:

Post a Comment